As Time Goes By.....

A little bit about EVERYTHING.. Family , friends , life, death,rants and raves. Just a place for me to get it all out of my system..

Name:
Location: Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

MILESTONE for Ian Schenkel






Ian Schenkel proudly announces that he can now
ride his bike without training wheels.
***
(Story written by Marc Schenkel)
With the help of that really super cool dad of
his and the tennis courts behind our apartment,
Master Schenkel has taken the first steps of two wheel
riding and did so in about a half an hour!!
****
Motivated by the desire to be able to roll out with
his friends and not wanting to be embarrassed by
the training wheels, he took on the challenge
with fierce determination.
****



In fact I even askead him if he wanted to call it
day, but he looked at me, face flush, hair
sticky with sweat, legs tired, hands red with
the imprint of his handlebar grips
and said with all seriousness
“Dad, I’m staying to learn how to
balance so I can ride with my friends and I am
not going to quit until I do”.

With a mission statement like that what could I do?
I went and found my bike and rode with him.
So we rode around the apartments, down the bike

path and with his buddies for a very long time.
I had to make him stop, he was so tired,
but he didn’t care. I think he would have ridden all night.

Marc ( proud Dad)
*********
Cell phone photos
Rough Life .....
Parker-- Puppy Supreme



Future Major League Star

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home