As Time Goes By.....

A little bit about EVERYTHING.. Family , friends , life, death,rants and raves. Just a place for me to get it all out of my system..

Name:
Location: Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Illegal immigrants and the education system

Letter by a Florida teacher...............
A teacher speaks

This is a subject close to my heart. Do you know
that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are not
US citizens
and who get the PELL grant, which is a federal grant (no
pay back required) plus other federal grants to go to school?

One student from the Dominican Republic told methat she didn't want
me to find a job for her after she finished my program, because she
was getting housing from our housing departmentand she was getting
PELL grant which paid for her total tuition andbooks, plus money left over.

She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD for gas
to come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program
(check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays forchild care and all
sorts of needs while they go to school or
training. The one student I just mentioned told me she was
not going to be a US Citizen because she plans to return to the
Dominican Republic someday and that she "loves HER country."

I asked her if she felt guilty taking what the US is giving her and
then not even bothering to become a citizen andshe told me
that it doesn't bother her, because that is what the
money is there for!

I asked the CARIBE administration about their
program and if you ARE a US Citizen, you don't qualify for their program.
And all the while,
I am working a full day, my son-in-law works morethan
60 hours a week, and everyone in my family works and
pays for our education.

Something is wrong here.
I am sorry but after hearing they want to sing the
National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough.

Nowhere did they sing it in Italian, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German
or any other language because of immigration.
It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word forword
the way it was written.
The news broadcasts even gave the translation --
not even close.
Sorry if this offends anyone but this is MY COUNTRY.

IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP -- please pass this along.

I am not against immigration -- just come through like everyone else.
Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes,
live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other
immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS
AMERICA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM

Think about this: If you don't want to forward
this for fear of offending someone --
YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

It is Time for America to Speak up
If you agree-- pass this along,
if you don't agree ---
don't complain when your kids
can't go to college because they
cannot qualify for loans, and grants

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home