As Time Goes By.....

A little bit about EVERYTHING.. Family , friends , life, death,rants and raves. Just a place for me to get it all out of my system..

Name:
Location: Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What a long strange trip ...


I wish I knew how to put music on this so I could add the
cd that Serena burned for Marc's memorial service .


* * * * *


Marc is finally home ...


The day at Rocky Mountain National Park
was a beautiful ,cool and somewhat windy day.

* *

Marc's best friend Kevin told me that he and Marc
used to hike not to far from the valley where Marc's
ashes were released. It was a difficult day for most
of us .. When it came time to stick my hand in the bag
and grab a hand full of ashes to return Marc to
the only place he ever felt like he had a home, I had
a hard time letting go.

*********
Also in attendance -Serena, Karen, KC, Kevins kids ,
NaDonya(14),Johnathan(12) and Natasha (11)
Cathi, Teresa,Lily, and Rose ( a friend of Lily's)
Christi-- a long time friend of Marcs
and Becky, another old friend.

(If I forgot anybody- I will correct this later)

*************
It was soo good to see Bec.. Damn , it

was GREAT to have somebody to talk to and laugh with !!

She came back to Karen's later with her boys

OMG -- her oldest Zack, could double for Ashton Kutcher

and her youngest , Logan is a real cutie and what great

kids they are .

I would not have expected anything less from Becky !!!

* * * *
Kevin's oldest daughter ,NaDonya made chocolate chip cookies and

brought the to the ceremony.. She thought we might need

comfort food . What a thoughtful thing to do !!!

*******

Karen & KC have friends that raise birds and gave them
doves to release in honor of Marc..

Thanks toPatti and Randy for the beautiful sight !!



***********
After we left the park, we went to lunch and then back to Karen & KC's

house for the evening and a BBQ dinner later.

We sat around telling Marc stories, well almost all of us had a Marc story.

I'll leave it at that .
* * * * *



I'll have to finish this later-

blogspot won't let me add anymore pictures right now ..



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home